Oldalak:
«
Előző
Következő
»
60 db üzenet
2018.01.26. 07:03
LANDOVER, Md. Bobby Portis Jersey . -- Ball in hand, Danny Woodhead reached for the pylon. The officials hands went up. Touchdown -- and certain victory -- for the San Diego Chargers. Defeat for the Washington Redskins, and a place in the basement of the NFC East. Not quite. Referee Jerome Boger looked at the replay and decided the ball didnt touch the bright orange marker. The ball was placed inside the 1-yard line. First-and-goal. Twenty-one seconds remaining. The Redskins held. One run and two passes failed to move the ball. The Chargers opted to kick a short field goal to send the game into overtime, and Washington won it, 30-24, on fullback Darrel Youngs 4-yard run on the opening drive of the extra period. "First-and-1 on the goal line? Most cases thats a touchdown," Washington linebacker Brian Orakpo said. "Our defence, everybody looked in each others eyes. I could remember: Do not cross this line, this goal line. On the field, London Fletcher and everybody reiterating it to each other, like: They do not cross this line right here." The replay reversal and the goal-line stand made the difference, at least for a few more days, between relevance and season-out-to-pasture for the Redskins (3-5), who, despite their record, remain only 1 1/2 games off the pace in the weak NFC East ahead of a trip to Minnesota (1-7) on Thursday. Young was the unlikely man of the hour. He had carried the ball only twice all season and had scored only three touchdowns in his three-plus years in the NFL. On Sunday, he was the goal-line bruiser, scoring on a pair of 1-yard runs in regulation before storming his way into the end zone 6:01 into the extra period. "Theyll definitely be more aware of DY -- the three-touchdown fullback," quarterback Robert Griffin III said with a smile. Griffin completed 23 of 32 passes for 291 yards with one interception and ran six times for 17 yards. He has been far from consistent in his second NFL season, but he looked more like an RG3-style showcase player Sunday. He overcame an early interception in his own end zone and lived dangerously throughout the game, pitching the ball at the last minute on option plays and scrambling for open space, including a 10-yard ramble that ended when he was flung to the turf by Thomas Keiser. "A lot of people criticize me for some of that stuff all of the time," Griffin said. "And, you know, I couldve went out of bounds and wed have been short of the first down. I saw an opportunity to fly, so I popped out my wings and tried to fly." Griffin also found receivers when they were open -- something else thats been missing this season. Pierre Garcon had seven receptions for 172 yards, and Alfred Morris rushed 25 times for 121 yards and a score. The Chargers (4-4), trying to keep pace in the top-heavy AFC West, overcame a 10-point deficit late in regulation. There was some thought in the San Diego locker room that Woodheads touchdown should have counted. "I thought he got in," said Philip Rivers, who completed 29 of 46 passes for 341 yards with two touchdowns. "Especially when it was called on the field, I thought it was going to be a hard one to overturn." Still, the Chargers needed only 1 more yard to win, and they couldnt get it. Woodhead went nowhere on first-and-goal. A fade route for Antonio Gates on second down didnt come close, and neither did a third-down rollout throw to Keenan Allen. They then settled for overtime, tying the game on 19-yard field goal by Nick Novak with 3 seconds on the clock. "Im not questioning any of the calls," San Diego coach Mike McCoy said. "We did what we thought was best to win the football game and were moving on. ... Hey, in this business, wouldve, shouldve, couldve. If one of those three plays worked, theres no questions asked." The Chargers built a 14-7 first-half lead on special teams. They blocked two field goals -- 11 years to the day since they last blocked one -- and put two punts down at the 1-yard line. Lawrence Guy, picked up off waivers less than a month ago, blocked a field goal in the first quarter and batted a pass that caromed off Cam Thomas and into the arms of Sean Lissemore for a touchdown in the second quarter. Corey Liuget batted down back-to-back passes, then blocked a field goal on the last play of the first half. Notes: The Chargers set a franchise record by not allowing an offensive touchdown for a 12th consecutive quarter. The streak ended when Morris scored in the second quarter. ... Washingtons Santana Moss had his 700th career reception. ... The Redskins other two victories this season came against backup quarterbacks (Matt Flynn and Josh McCown). Jerian Grant Jersey .ca. The NHL Play of the Year showdown kicks off with some slick moves going head-to-head with a combination of soft hands and endless patience. Chicago Bulls Jerseys . Signs of a turnaround have emerged in this series at Minnesota. Brian Roberts had three doubles and a triple for the first four-extra-base-hit game of his 14-year career, and the Yankees used their bullpen to preserve a 6-5 win over the Twins on Friday. DUBAI, United Arab Emirates -- While top-seeded Novak Djokovic had a rest day when opponent Mikhail Youzhny became ill and withdrew from their quarterfinal on Thursday, Roger Federer had to play his way into their semifinal date at the Dubai Championships. The fourth-seeded Federer, who has won this title five times, won his 40th match at the Dubai Championships with a 6-2, 6-2 win over Lukas Rosol of the Czech Republic. Federer made a slow start, falling behind 2-0 but quickly rebounded by winning the next six games. In the second set, Federer broke serve in the third and fifth games. "When you play someone for the first time, you never quite know what his best level is or his normal level is," Federer said. "Thats why you kind of keep pushing on, and thats also why I guess the score came out the way it did, because I never let go." Federer holds a slim 16-15 winning record over Djokovic. The Serbian, however, has beaten Federer in their last three matches, and nine of their last 12 meetings. "He is in the semis, hes already played two matches, hes been here long enough for preparing, and hes fit enough for anything anyway," Federer said of Djokovic having a quarterfinal walkover. "Every match you can get away from is a good one. "For me, it was important also probably not to be out there for three hhours. Michael Jordan Jersey. Then it would have been a disadvantage. But I think were back on even terms for tomorrow." The other semifinal will feature third-seeded Tomas Berdych against seventh-seeded Philipp Kohlschreiber of Germany. Playing in his fourth quarterfinal of the season, Kohlschreibers 6-2, 6-3 win over Tunisian wild card Malik Jazirivictory was his 300th match-win on the ATP Tour. Berdych holds a 7-1 winning record over Kohlschreiber. "The record is one thing, but then always the match is going to start from zero," Berdych said. "I have seen Philipp play here and hes playing really well. "Hes playing very aggressive, very confident, too." Berdych, who was a finalist last year, fought past fifth-seeded Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-4, 6-3. Berdych was on a 10-match winning streak, which includes his win at the Rotterdam tournament two weeks ago. The first set stayed on serve until Tsonga dropped his at love in the 10th game. The second set was even more tightly contested. In the fifth game, Berdych faced four break points but held on. Tsonga surrendered his serve in the eighth game when he double-faulted on break point. "It was very close," Berdych said. "I faced many break points which was very tough, but that was really the key of todays game, that I managed to save them." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Oldalak:
«
Előző
Következő
»
Ugrás: